He knows!






The last post was kind of a teaser to my current life. 

The warm embrace of the sister and brother, well, clearly that's what I'd like my social media to think my kids are like, but in reality, let's say 90% of the time, I play the referee, and the 10% that the loving hug happens, it melts my heart so much, that I begin to believe, time and again, that these two are just the perfect pair of siblings. 

So lets start where we left off, well, at least from whereever I can recollect. 

Clearly, I make amazing babies. If DD ran the house, DS is that sensitive soul, who can play you like a fiddle. 

From the time he could express his emotions, he's been absolutely free with them. He can burst into tears over anything. I think he takes it as a challenge to prove his tear ducts are solid. 

If you get mad at him for something he said or did, he'll hug you so tight with those big round tears falling down his cheeks that you instantly feel remorse for being upset with such a wonderful little kid. 

If you've built a thicker skin and know his tricks, he'll hug you hard and say "Tell me you're not mad at me. Tell me you're wrong for getting upset. It's bad to get upset. It's not OK," between his sobs and instant waterfall. 

"Why do you cry so much?" I ask him.

"So you won't be mad." Well, fairpoint. 

"How is it that when he cries, you immediately calm down, but when I cried, you didn't?" That's DD. 

"Well, he gets tears. Your crying was more of a whining."

"What's whining?" DS asked. 

"Well, it's all that you do, minus the tears," DD said. "And at a higher pitch" I added. 

He smiled. 

"Why are you smiling?" DD asked. 

"I know how to make Mamma stop getting mad, you still don't."

"Mom, did you hear that?" DD turned around to look at me. 

"DS! Why would..."

The dams were open again! That boy has the remote to my reactions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment