Too Many Girls!!


DD had a Saturday practice at school. DS had a long day too, with a lot of playtime at home, Amma is here, so he'd been playing with her and Lina Aunty. 

"Ma, can we have dinner outside?" DD messaged me. 

That seemed like a good idea. Amma, DS and I decided to meet DD half way in her favorite restaurant. 

It was a good meal, good ambiance, good company. 

There were a bunch of men behind us, laughing and joking boisterously. 

Suddenly, DS declares to us, "There are too many girls. I am done. I want to be around some boys!"

"What?" All of us were shocked.

"Papa is traveling, and there are no boys. It's only girls, girls, girls"

One of the guys behind us heard and looked over. Clearly he wanted to talk to DS. 

"I don't really want to be around girls anymore. I am going." DS continued, standing up, and trying to walk away from us. 

"Hey, babe", I called after him. "There's a bunch of boys right here, you can talk to."

"Hey, yeah" said the guy who was following our conversation. "You know, I have 2 boys myself."

That seemed to calm DS down, who at this point was struggling to set himself free from his sisters' grasps, to - walk away. 

"Why aren't your sons here?" He asked. 

"They're at home." He said, showing some pics of his kids. 

"Do you play any sports?" He asked DS. 

DS couldn't understand his Kiwi accent. "He's asking if you play any sports, babe" I said. 

"Basketball."

"Ooh, I love playing basketball. My kids play too!"

"Mamma, can you take his number, and we can have a play date with his sons?"

And after a good conversation, there was no need to walk away from the girls in the house anymore, or so I thought. 

I also set a 

Ady returned last morning. DS woke up as soon as he heard his dad's voice. 

"Papa, I am glad there's a boy in the house," he ran to hug his dad. 

"What?... I..." and am still finishing that sentence. 


Image Source: https://www.needpix.com/photo/1299933/flower-girl-power-woman-power-florist-female-woman-girl-sign-female-sign

No comments:

Post a Comment