Of Assets and Libraries







-- Eavesdropped Conversation --



"I am actually an asset, papa" I heard DS tell Ady. 
"No son, you're a liability. We only spend on you, we don't get anything in return."
"But I came from mamma for free. You didn't buy me."
"Well, the doctor did charge to deliver you"
"Dika is a library, but I bring you so much joy."
"Yes you do, and so does Dika. Liability." 
"But I am more of an asset than she is. She just stays in her room."
"Both of you are... Libailities. We pay for everything you do, and you end up wasting everything we feed you."
"You should only give me what I like then" DS reasoned. 
"Yeah, I don't think only cereal is a healthy choice."
"You can't give us stuff we don't like, and then say we waste it."
"Well, that's what you get."
"Then you're making us waste, papa. You're forcing us to not be assets."
"No, we give you healthy food, so you can be healthy. You choose...junk."

The boys emerged from the room, and DS came running to me. 

"Mamma, don't I give you hugs, so many hugs and kisses?" DS was looking for an ally.
"Yes you do, my baby" I said. "You give the best hugs and kisses."
"So I am an asset" DS said. 
"Yes, you are" I agreed. 
"Your hugs and kisses are free. Like my hugs and kisses to you." Ady continued.

"What's happening?" I asked, feigning ignorance.
"Papa's telling me about assets and librarires, and he's calling me a library."
"Liability" I corrected. 
"Yes, Liability."
"Oh you're an asset, my child" I hugged him. "You give me so much happiness."

"See, Papa?" DS teased his dad. 

"Well, you make him eat his veggies now. You're such a liability" Ady dismissed me. 
"Library!" DS corrected him. 


Image Credit: https://easy-peasy.ai/ai-image-generator/images/cute-electronic-accounting-calculator-icon-3d-pop-illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment