The Villain of the Story



DS fights with DD – a lot. 

She takes up his airtime, when she talks to us, obviously – she likes talking – a lot, and that eats up into his time.

He won’t talk a lot when she is not around, but when she’s there, that’s it, that’s the only time he wants to talk, and Dika is “just mean”, that she “does not let (him) talk at all!”

DD has a minor case of Misophonia, so he’ll go chew closer to her ears. He’ll make loud gulping noises and eat crunchy foods, so she’ll react.

To her credit, DD does not initiate a fight, but she also doesn’t let him be. “You need to teach him that he can’t get his way”, she’ll teach me.

“I need some peace and calm” I’ll react. “Just let him be.”

“Tough luck. You taught me to stand up for myself. Now deal with it!”

If I am greying, I’d say the biggest reason is their bickering.

This is how a typical fight gets resolved -

“DS, let’s just go, you, me and Papa, to some place for a vacation.” I’ll offer. “Let’s leave Dika at home.”

“Yes!”, he’ll exclaim between sobs over some random fight – maybe she stared at him, or maybe she just existed.

“Why would you do that?” DD will quip back. “But wait, are you planning to go to the beach? If yes, then yeah, go ahead, I don’t want to come. But any other place, I want in.”

“Ok, let’s go to the beach DS, you love going to the beach.”

“Let’s not leave Dika behind,” he’ll whimper. “She’ll feel left out.”

“But that’s what you want?”

“No. I don’t want her to feel bad. I just want you to scold her. We can’t leave her behind. I don’t want her to be alone. I love her.”

“I love you too, DS”, DD’ll hug him. “I love you the most.”

“Yes, both of you love each other. Mamma made a bad suggestion.” Ady will swoop in when all’s well.

“Yeah, Mamma, you made a bad suggestion” DS and DD will agree.

This is how almost all fights end... they’ll bring me in their fights,  somehow resolve it, and make me the bad guy.

Hey, if that leads to them becoming a team, bring it on. I have no qualms about being the villain to their happy sibling story.

 

Image credit: https://www.deviantart.com/daviddv1202/art/Revenge-of-the-Disney-Villains-872211233

No comments:

Post a Comment