Doink!

 


DS loves traveling. He specifically likes traveling to resorts and vacation rentals where there are a ton of games, just like his dad.

I remember the time and effort Ady took when DS was about 3, to find a spot which has a lot of space to run around, and golf. While he wasn’t successful enough to find real golf, at the location we were going to, he settled for disc golf.

So as one would expect, we dropped our bags, explored the place, and set off to play a round of disc golf.

We made teams. Dad and daughter, mom and son.

For the initial 10 minutes, DS was observing how the game was being played. He saw his dad and sis throw the disc through the chain rack and wasn’t really comfortable with the sounds.

Soon, he understood the game, and said he was ready to play.

“OK, take positions” Ady ordered.

I stood right beside DS, so I could swoop down or capture the discs going above his head.  DD stood across from her dad to strategically throw the disc into the rack.

DS looked at me and paused. He yelled out to his dad, “Wait, wait. Don’t throw”

And then he took me by my hand and pulled me behind a tree.

“What are you doing?” I asked. “Why are you making me stand behind the tree?”

Noticing the move, Ady and DD also moved closer to us.

“The disc is very fast, mamma” DS explained. “It will be very hard when it hits. I don’t want you to get hurt. You’ll be safe behind the tree.”

My eyes welled up. Oh, what a lovely little boy.

DH was silent. I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back, then looked at DS – “What about me?” he demanded.

DD and I started laughing. Wonder who’s the dad and who’s the son!

 


Photo credit: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Disc_golf_-_Laajavuori.jpg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment