Happy Birthday, BB!

I think there's a huge difference between a first time mom and a second time mom.

When it was DD's birthday, I planned months in advance. All her birthdays until she turned 9 were painfully planned and executed.

But with BB, it's a "I'll wing it" approach.

For the last two years, he's been celebrating his birthday just with DD's friends. This year is no different, just that I'd probably take a cake out there and have him cut if in his pre-school -  if it does not snow.

My theory is that until the kids gets vocal about their birthday needs, we're fine recognizing the day of their birth anyway we feel right. This is a fairly recent theory, I admit, after BB was born, but I think it's well worth it, because I get to have a good night's rest and not worry about party planning.

So with this birthday, I think there's a new outfit involved, cake, may be cupcakes, but definitely lots of love and hugs galore. That should suffice, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment