Twins!



“Sisters and Brothers are supposed to love each other. That’s a beautiful bond that will last the rest of your life. You guys need to stop fighting and focus on building memories…”I began my lecture copying the speech my mom had given me and my sis.

“But he’s breathing so loud, and right next to my ear” DD explained pushing her brother away.

“She is singing loudly.” DS tried to make his point.

“So?...” DD was about to begin another round.

“So, nothing!” I quipped. “DD, don’t you remember how badly you wanted a sibling? You cried almost everyday…”

“I didn’t cry!” DD said.

“Fine, but you were very upset, and you wanted a younger sibling.”

She smiled. “That was a great day, when you planned a scavenger hunt for me to tell me I was going to be an older sister.”

“Yeah, and you were so happy!”

“Yeah, but I was expecting a sister.” And almost immediately she realized she may have hurt her brother. “I wanted a sis then”, she said looking at DS, “because I did not know how awesome you’d be. Now, I am really happy to have a brother.”

#Parentwin I thought.

“But I don’t have a brother!” DS started. “Why do I not have a brother, and only Dika gets to have a brother?”

“You get to have a sister.” I said. “Dika doesn’t have her own sister.”

“I want to be an older brother. Why does only she get to be older? I want to be an older brother to a younger brother.”

“In that case, I’d like to get a sister as well” DD chimed.

“Mamma, can you give us a brother and a sister?”

How quickly that came back to bite me!

“And manage another set of crazy fights? No thank you” I said definitively.

“I’ll take care of my brother.” DS said. “I’ll be a better big brother.”

“I’ll take care of the sister.” DD chimed.

“First take care of each other and stop fighting!”

“I don’t fight, he does….”

“I don’t fight, she sings…”

And we were back at it again. But I was thankful. For a minute there, I almost had double the problem!


Image courtesy - Etsy - expecting twins, these outfits sure are cute!  Not sponsored in anyway, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment